As promised, Blizzard released a long list of changes coming to Diablo 4 when the game launches on June 6. These tweaks – some of which are quite significant – are based on player feedback from the closed and open beta tests that took place over the past month. The developer stressed that they were going to take all feedback seriously, and that seems to be exactly what happened.
A brief overview before we get stuck: dungeons have been reworked in a few different ways (and it all sounds good), character classes have been rebalanced, UI has been tweaked, and lots of bugs, gameplay criticisms, and game quality. life improvements have been addressed.
Diablo 4 Beta Feedback Changes
Layout of dungeons
One of the most common comments we’ve received is that players feel like they’re backtracking a lot in certain dungeons. We’ve optimized several dungeons across all zones to minimize the need to backtrack. Here is a list of dungeons specifically in the Fractured Peaks area that have received layout updates:
- Caldera Gate
- Desecrated Catacombs
- abandoned pavilion
- forgotten city
- frost death
- Immortal Emanation
- Kor Dragan Barracks
- Caverns of Rimescar
- The chance of an event appearing inside a dungeon has been increased from 10% to 60%.
- To reduce the need to backtrack, a small number of scattered monsters will seek out the player to help them achieve the Kill All Monsters objective.
- When the Animus is gathered, the player and nearby allies:
- Gain 10 resources.
- Reduces all active cooldowns by 1 second.
- Reduced Animus Channel drop time from 3 seconds to 0 seconds.
- Rescue time reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
- All rescue objectives now drop a health potion when completed.
- While wielding the Ancient Statue, Bloodstone, Mechanic Box, or Stone Carving, you will receive a Momentum buff that will grant you and nearby allies a 25% increase to your movement speed. shift.
- Bases have had their channel time reduced from 2 seconds to 0 seconds.
- Returning a wearable to its pedestal now fully restores health, resources, potions, and resets cooldowns for all nearby players.
- All doors will now generate a minimap ping when opened.
- All structure objectives in dungeons now have additional combat mechanics for players to overcome.
- Effects like Stun and Freeze can be applied to elite monsters twice as long before they become unstoppable.
- Reviewed class skills to confirm that all classes have access to enough skills that remove control impairing effects.
- Many Legendary Powers have had updates to their effectiveness.
- Added flat 10% passive damage reduction for the Barbarian class. Some skill tree passives have had their damage reduction effects reduced to compensate.
- The Whirlwind skill now deals more damage and consumes more fury.
- The Double Swing skill buff refunds its full fury cost when used on stunned or knocked down enemies.
- Companion skills will now deal greatly increased damage.
- All ultimate skills have had their cooldowns reduced.
- Usability improvements have been made to Maul and Pulverize.
- Using a non-shapeshifting skill will transform a druid into their human form.
- Summoned minions will die more often, forcing players to use corpses more often.
- Many Book of the Dead bonuses have had their stats increased.
- The damage dealt by the skill Corpse Blast has been reduced.
- The brightness of Skeleton Warriors and Mages has been reduced.
- Subterfuge skill upgrades have had their bonuses increased.
- Several passive skills have had their bonuses increased.
- All Imbue skills have had their cooldowns increased.
- Charged Bolt damage increased and mana cost to cast decreased.
- Decreased Chain Lightning damage and reduced its effectiveness against Bosses.
- Decreased the enchantment bonus cooldown of the skill Incinerate.
- Firewalls will now appear more frequently under enemies when using its enchantment bonus.
- Increased lucky hit chance for Meteor skill enchantment bonus.
- Fixed an issue where the embedded screen reader would not read key prompts, game option details, and other UI text.
- Fixed an issue where actions could not be bound to the mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where Evade could not be bound to the correct analog stick on the controller.
- Chat will now display on the left side of the screen when using the centered action bar configuration.
- A character’s stats will be displayed by default when players click the Materials and Stats button in their inventory.
- Move and Interact inputs can now be mapped to a button while Primary Attack input is mapped to a secondary button.
- The sans serif font used in the game has been replaced with a new serif font.
- Fixed several issues that caused bosses, such as the Butcher, to become unresponsive.
- The Butcher has been re-rated for difficulty and will present a greater challenge in World Tiers III and IV.
- Bosses such as T’chort, Malnok, Vhenard, and others have been re-evaluated for melee character difficulty, resulting in changes to attacks and combat mechanics.
- Fixed an issue where Vampire Brutes using the Shadow Enchant affix would chain to Impale.
- Increased the chance of a dungeon event occurring in caves.
- Vaults will now consistently reward a chest upon completion.
- Fixed an issue where caves were prematurely marked as completed.
- Fixed an issue where the guaranteed elite monster was missing from a cave.
GENERAL QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fixed an issue where players could increase attack speed by canceling attacks earlier.
- Fixed an issue where characters were not immune and untargetable after charging into an area.
- The Reset Dungeon button has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused Gale Valley and Serac Rapture to have fewer monsters than intended until campaign quests in those territories were completed.
Many of these changes look pretty positive to us, and it’s obviously nice to see Blizzard pushing these tweaks well ahead of the game’s summer release. Do you like what you’re seeing? Let us know if you’re planning a trip to hell in the comments section below.
#Diablo #lot #based #beta #feedback #full #roster #revealed