Sources close to Prince Harry last night confirmed that ‘no decision’ had been made by the couple, meaning the organizers in charge of the details are unable to endorse their plans.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s reluctance to confirm their attendance at the King’s coronation has caused huge headaches for organisers.
Sources close to Prince Harry last night confirmed that ‘no decision’ had been made by the couple.
Although the Sussexes, who left their royal duties in 2020, are aware of the April 3 deadline, staff at Buckingham Palace are still unsure whether he will run.
This means that the organizers in charge of details such as seating arrangements, transport and VIP security are unable to approve their plans.
Buckingham Palace last night admitted seating plans remain unconfirmed, just over three weeks away from the May 6 ceremony.
Royal sources have revealed how ‘infuriated’ organizers are with the couple, who spent two years railing against the monarchy after deciding to leave in favor of earning millions in the corporate world.
The Duke and Duchess have had ’email correspondence’ with the Palace in recent weeks, but Harry is said to still be in ‘difficulty’ over whether to attend.
Palace insiders said they expected him to attend but were unsure if Meghan would accompany him and may choose to stay in the US given it is their son’s fourth birthday Archie on coronation day.
A source with knowledge of the plans said: “They (Harry and Meghan) still haven’t confirmed anyway.
“Of course they will be entitled to extra time, but in all honesty everyone is exasperated with them.”
The Mirror revealed last week how Harry and Meghan, who now live in Montecito, California, are not in plans for a roaring Coronation Day finale on Buckingham Palace’s famous balcony, with the Red Arrows.
The king said he would only share the historic moment with “royal workers”, those who have dedicated their lives to the monarchy and public service.
A well-placed source said: “Her Majesty wants to be surrounded by those she considers the heartbeat and future of her family, so there is no room for the Duke and Duchess (of Sussex ) or the Duke of York.”
Palace sources said they would continue to plan for the Sussexes’ participation “unless advised otherwise”.
Prince Harry is stuck in a long-running dispute with the government over his security arrangements when he returns home and is currently taking legal action against the Home Office after it refused to allow him to pay his own police protection.
The Duke had been told it would be up to the Home Office to decide what security was and was not needed after stepping back from his duties as a working royal.
Harry was told he had to give 28 days’ notice so his security claims could be assessed, a condition which was first reported by The Telegraph.
The Duke won a judicial review of the Home Office’s decision to deny his family automatic security in September 2021, but a date for the hearing has yet to be set.
#Delay #Harry #Meghans #coronation #headaches #exasperated #organizers