Technology

Jonathan Majors says his ex went to the club after he claimed he hit her

By Adam S. Levy For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

05:41 20 Apr 2023, update 06:59 20 Apr 2023



Jonathan Majors says testimony and video evidence will prove his innocence amid domestic abuse allegations against his ex-girlfriend.

An attorney for the 33-year-old actor filed papers in Manhattan on Wednesday pointing to several factors that Majors says will justify him against the charges, TMZ reported after reviewing the court documents.

Priya Chaudhry – the attorney representing the Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania actor in the criminal case – said testimony from his driver and nightclub surveillance footage point to innocence of the actor following his arrest in New York. March 25 in connection with assault, harassment and strangulation.

Chaudhry said a driver for the embattled actor witnessed the altercation between the Lompoc, Calif.-born entertainer and his ex-girlfriend around 1 a.m. on the day of the incident.

The driver saw the woman assault the actor as she tried to steal his phone, Chaudhry said.

Latest: Jonathan Majors, 33, says witness testimony and video evidence will prove his innocence amid domestic abuse allegations against his ex-girlfriend. Photographed last month at the Oscars in Los Angeles

The lawyer said the driver will testify that he never saw the Marvel actor get his hands on his ex-girlfriend “in any way, at any time, or even [raise] his voice” in their dispute.

The driver will also testify to seeing the woman “hit, scratch and attack” Majors, who asked to stop the car to get out after her ex got physical with him, Chaudhry said.

The Majors’ lawyer said they had evidence to show the woman’s claims that her finger was broken and her ear lacerated was a ‘complete lie’, pointing to video footage of the woman going to a nightclub following the altercation.

Chaudhry said hours of video footage shows the woman drinking at the club following the incident, which contradicts her claims that she suffered the aforementioned injuries at the hands of the actor.

The woman also texted the actor accusing him of cheating on her and threatening to kill himself, Chaudhry said in legal documents.

Chaudhry said in footage from the nightclub, the woman was seen frequently using her right hand, which she says the actor was injured in the incident.

The lawyer said in legal documents that the woman was seen doing her hair, rummaging through her purse, rummaging through her credit cards and holding her phone and a glass of champagne, proving her shape physical amid the alleged injury to his hand.

In court papers, Majors’ legal team said his ex-girlfriend was also seen taking pictures and sipping champagne with friends, not appearing to be nursing any injuries.

Majors was arrested in New York on March 25 for assault, harassment and strangulation during the alleged incident. Pictured at the Oscars last month

The actor’s attorney, Priya Chaudhry, filed papers in New York on Wednesday in the case, outlining a number of factors she says point to her client’s innocence in the case.

Majors’ ex-girlfriend arrived at his house at 3:23 a.m. and entered the home, where he was not present, Chaudhry said. The woman called her number a total of 32 times and sent text messages reflecting anger and jealousy.

Chaudhry said none of the text messages hinted at accusations of physical abuse or harm.

Majors arrived at her home at 11:13 a.m. and saw the woman pass out and partially dress while lying on the floor in her walk-in closet, her lawyer said in legal documents.

Majors found the woman had vomited in her bed and she told him she had taken “a few sleeping pills,” which led him to call 911, Chaudhry said.

When paramedics entered the house, the woman told them she didn’t know what happened, Majors’ attorney said in court documents.

Police body camera footage shows law enforcement ‘clearly coaching’ [the woman] to say that Mr. Majors grabbed her by the throat,’ Chaudhry said, adding that the woman had made no allegations of physical abuse before being directed that way by authorities.

Chaudhry calls on the prosecutors handling the case to review the aforementioned evidence and “dismiss these false charges against him.”

Last month, New York police said Majors, star of the recent Creed III, was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman. Police responded around 11 a.m. Saturday to a 911 call to an apartment in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood.

Majors is one of Hollywood’s hottest stars. After breaking into The Last Black Man in San Francisco in 2019, Majors starred in Da 5 Bloods, The Harder They Fall and Devotion last year.

The actor starred as Kang The Conqueror in the Marvel movie Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

“The victim informed police that she was assaulted,” an NYPD spokesperson said in a statement. “Officers took the 33-year-old man into custody without incident. The victim suffered minor head and neck injuries and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.

A representative for Majors denied any wrongdoing on the actor’s part.

“He did nothing wrong,” the rep said in an email to the AP on March 25. “We look forward to clearing his name and clearing that up.”

On March 26, Chaudhry came out more forcefully, saying Majors “is likely the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows” and blamed the incident on the woman having “an emotional breakdown.”

Chaudhry said there was evidence clearing Majors, including “video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, testimony from the driver and others who saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements by the woman retracting these allegations. ‘

Majors was arraigned Sunday on a complaint involving misdemeanor charges of assault and aggravated harassment, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office said. A judge ordered Majors released on his own recognizance on March 25 with a limited protective order. He was due to appear in court on May 8.

Majors was dropped by his management company following the incident.

Meanwhile, the U.S. military suspended its television ad campaign featuring majors that was intended to target younger audiences. The Army Enterprise Marketing Office said in a statement Sunday that the U.S. military is “deeply concerned about the allegations surrounding his arrest.”

“Although Mr. Majors is innocent until proven guilty, caution dictates that we are withdrawing our advertisements until the investigation into these allegations is complete,” the bureau said in a statement.

Majors is one of Hollywood’s fastest rising stars. After breaking into The Last Black Man in San Francisco in 2019, Majors starred in Da 5 Bloods, The Harder They Fall and Devotion last year. He also stars in the recent Sundance Film Festival Magazine entry Dreams, which Searchlight Pictures is due out in December.

#Jonathan #Majors #club #claimed #hit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *