A new update for The Last of Us Part 1 on PlayStation 5 adds new HBO-themed cosmetics for Ellie, along with a host of bug fixes and general improvements.
This patch, which is live now, adds two t-shirts for players to dress Ellie. The first of these t-shirts is a blue themed issue of HBO’s The Wire. You can see what it looks like in the header image above.
The second, meanwhile, is a tribute to the recent TV adaptation of The Last of Us. Beware, if you haven’t watched the show yet, there is a small spoiler in front.
Thanks to this update, Ellie can now sport a Mortal Kombat 2 t-shirt in the PS5 remake of The Last of Us Part 1. Those who have watched the show will know that, unlike the game, Ellie is a fan of Mortal Kombat and Mileena.
It was one of the smaller deviations the show made from the game’s original source material, where Ellie instead knew of a game called The Turning and a character named Angel Knives.
You can see what this shirt looks like below.
In addition to these new jerseys, this patch also fixes several bugs and improvements.
Among my personal favorites, enemies will no longer beg for their lives when they can’t be easily reached by the player, and shooting a medic in the Firefly Lab will no longer make them invincible to flamethrowers.
Meanwhile, baseball bats will now do the same damage against Clickers as other two-handed melee weapons, and the developers have addressed the issue that could see companion characters die in combat at unintended times.
You can read the full Naughty Dog patch notes below:
- [Brazilian Portuguese] Remastered and improved audio quality of in-game voice lines
- Aim sensitivity adjusted from 1-10 to 1-100, with lower minimum sensitivity
- Companion characters now throw bricks at enemies during combat more consistently
- Firearms now use hit-scan instead of projectile physics to determine if they have hit an enemy
- Shotgun base fire rate increased
- Melee and fire can now be bound to the same button in Customize Controls (Options > Controls > Customize Controls)
- Speedrun mode timer now stops during black screen fades
- Melee attacks using a two-handed melee weapon now kill stunned enemies
- Melee while sprinting now staggers infected enemies longer
- Player character can move sooner after completing a melee swing
- Companion characters save the player character from enemy grabs more consistently
- Shotguns and Rifles start reconditioning sooner after being drawn
- Melee attacks that send enemies to their knees now combine into finishers regardless of whether the player has a melee weapon
- Increased the time that human enemies are staggered after being hit
- Enemies no longer beg for their lives when they cannot be easily reached by the player
- Adjusted timing of various checkpoints throughout the game
- Lots of visual improvements and tweaks throughout the game
- Several fixes to subtitles, UI text and screen reader lines
- [Grounded Difficulty] Turret Carriage Accuracy Reduced
- [Permadeath Mode] Stag hunting is no longer considered a combat encounter
- Firing the bow no longer reduces player accuracy with other weapons
- Fixed an issue where the player could spin around their target when using sprint melee attacks
- Fixed an issue where a melee swing could be canceled mid-swing when holding a shotgun
- Loading save files no longer affects the number of bonus feature unlock points currently available
- Fixed an issue where reloading of some weapons could be interrupted before all bullets were loaded
- Fixed El Diablo Pistol accuracy when using its scope
- Fixed an issue where Nail Bombs could be picked up after exploding
- Director’s commentary now plays during the end credits
- Reconditioning a weapon is now saved as completed earlier, so the player will not have to repeat the animation if interrupted
- Baseball bats now do the same damage against clickers as other two-handed melee weapons
- Player no longer automatically succeeds when machete-wielding enemies perform an evasive counterattack
- Fixed an issue where Infected could use a human enemy’s grab attack when grabbing the player from behind
- Fixed an issue where companion characters could die in battle at unexpected times
- Removed some cover stances that allowed enemies to shoot the player character without revealing themselves
- Infected no longer enter the “begging for life” state
- Fixed an issue where some items and ingredients were not being added to the player’s inventory upon collection
- Fixed issues with some in-game cutscenes where the player could be interrupted if attacked
- [The Prologue] Tommy will direct the player more consistently
- [The Prologue] Fixed an issue where the player character could die during the car crash cutscene
- [Tommy’s Dam] Fixed an issue where the player character could get stuck behind a door during the Hydro Dam fight
- [The Firefly Lab] Shooting a medic will no longer make them invincible to flamethrowers
- [New Game+] All additional ammo and ingredient types now spawn as intended when playing Full Loadout mode on Grounded difficulty.
Left behind autonomous account
- The arcade mini-game will not require multiple attacks that do no damage in a row
- Moved a corpse’s arm to the correct location
- Improved Ellie’s accuracy to match her accuracy during the main story
- Improved the placement of nav-assist objectives in various locations
- Fixed button prompts showing the wrong button under certain circumstances
- Fixed some collectibles not displaying correctly when using High Contrast mode
- Fixed various issues where the incorrect signal was playing when using audio signals
- Fixed an issue in the Chapter and Encounter Select menus where the screen reader would not read subchapter names
- New In-Game HBO T-Shirt Cosmetics For Ellie
A new The Last of Us Part I PC patch is live today, offering improvements for the camera jitter issue for players using keyboard and mouse.
We’ll continue to keep you posted as we have more information on our planned patch later this week.https://t.co/l9Gipmupyn
– Naughty Dog (@Naughty_Dog) April 11, 2023
Manage cookie settings
Manage cookie settings
As for the PC port of The Last of Us, the team is still working to sort it out after its bug-riddled and glitchy launch (something Naughty Dog admitted didn’t deliver “the quality you expected”) , with another patch expected later this week.
#Part #PS5 #update #adds #HBOthemed #cosmetics #Ellie